Chief Ombudsman of Turkey Mr. Şeref Malkoç was born in Trabzon in 1960. He completed his primary, secondary and high school education in Trabzon. While he was in high school, he was the regional chairperson of National Turkish Student Association (MTTB) secondary education committee. He graduated from the Faculty of Law at İstanbul University in 1982. He practiced law in Trabzon for 10 years. During this period, he also worked as an executive in many NGOs including Yavuz Selim Foundation and Trabzon House of Culture. He gave lectures on Constitutional Law at the Faculty of Economics and Administrative Sciences of Karadeniz Technical University (KTU).
He worked as the Trabzon Provincial Chairperson of Welfare Party (RP). He was elected as a Member of Parliament, representing Trabzon province in the Grand National Assembly of Turkey (TBMM) during 20th and 21 st parliamentary terms, between 1995 and 2002. As a Member of Parliament, he served as the spokesperson of the Justice Committee, Vice Chairman of the Constitutional Committee and Vice Chairman of Turkish-German Inter-Parliamentary Friendship Group. He prepared the defenses for RP and Virtue Party (FP) closure cases and defended these Parties in front of the Constitutional Court. He was Vice Chairman for RP, FP and Felicity Party (SP). He also served as an Advisor to Prof. Dr. Necmettin ERBAKAN, the Prime Minister of the 54th Government of Turkey, for around 10 years.
He also worked as an executive for several national and local radio and TV stations. He was the representative of the Justice and Development Party (AK Party) for two years in the Supreme Election Council. During his tenure, he contributed to the March 30, 2014 Local Election, and Presidential Election on August 10, 2014 as well as General Elections of June 7, and November 1, 2015. His articles and op-eds on Constitution and Presidential System were published in various journals and newspapers. He wrote a book titled “The New Constitution and The Presidential System in 40 Questions”. He also worked as a Chief Advisor to H.E. Recep Tayyip ERDOĞAN, the President of Turkey.
Mr. Malkoç was elected as the Chief Ombudsman by the General Assembly of Grand National Assembly of Turkey on November 15, 2016. After completing his 4-year term, he has been re-elected as Chief Ombudsman of Turkey on 11 November 2020.
The Chief Ombudsman Mr. Malkoç has paid visits to tens of Universities located in 81 cities and given lectures on the topic of “Justice and Human Rights.” During his tenure as the Chief Ombudsman, he also visited 81 provinces of Turkey. During these visits, he came together with citizens, listened to their problems, and brought together the citizens and the local administrators of that province. Through his hard works in Turkey as well as abroad, he contributed to the promotion of the culture of ombudsman.
Chief Ombudsman of Turkey Mr. Şeref Malkoç is the President of the Organization of Islamic Countries’ Ombudsman Association (OICOA) and the Member of the Board of Directors of Asian Ombudsman Association (AOA) since November 2019.
He is married with three children.
Born in Suruç-Şanlıurfa on May 7, 1966. Completed his primary education level in Suruç Ağırbaş Village; and his secondary education in Suruç-Şanlıurfa and Nizip-Gaziantep. Graduated from the Faculty of Law in Istanbul University in which he was accepted in the year 1984, in May 1988. Following his internship of law and his short term military service in Şanlıurfa, between the years 1990 to 1999, he worked as a free-lance lawyer in Birecik-Şanlıurfa. Elected as the member of the parliament in General Election of 1999 from Şanlıurfa list of Virtue Party. During this period, he was assigned a member of Committee of Justice and the secretary general of the Presidency Council under Turkish Grand National Assembly (TGNA). Following the closure of Virtue Party in the year 2001, he became one the founders of Justice and Development Party. Elected as the member of the parliament in General Elections of the years 2002, 2007 and 2011 from the list of Justice and Development Party. Worked as the Head of Committee of Petitions in TGNA for a period of five years between the years 2002 to 2007. Worked as a member of Committee of Justice and as Head of Committee of Petitions in TGNA between the years 2007 to 2011. Worked as the member of the Committee of Constitution and Group Head of Turkey and Qatar Fellowship. Worked actively for the awareness and promotion of Turkey’s Ombudsman Institution. In this regard, for a period of seven years, through his position as the Head of Committee of Petitions, he worked as if he was the ombudsman in Turkey in a way.
Participated in various organizations within or outside the country such as panels, seminars, meetings and workshops etc., including development of the Law on Ombudsman Institution at the ministerial level. He also met with various European Ombudsmen and Heads of Committee of Petitions for the establishments of an Ombudsman Institution in Turkey. He actively participated in the developmental process for the best accountable ombudsman model for Turkey, taking into account the best examples around the world. At his own request, he did not stand for parliamentary candidateship in 2015 Elections and ended his active political career. Elected as the Chief Ombudsman by the Joint Committee of Petitions and Human Rights under TGNA on November 2016.
He speaks Kurdish and English well.
Married with 6 children.
AREAS OF RESPONSIBILITY
1. Forestry, water, environment and urbanization
2. Right to property
3. Food, agriculture and livestock
4. Justice, national defense and security
As a Lawyer, conciliator and mediator, Fatma BENLİ YALÇIN elected as the Ombudsperson by the Joint Committee of Petitions and Human Rights Inquiry under Grand National Assembly of Turkey for 4 years on November 11, 2020. Mrs. Yalçın is a Graduate of Istanbul University’s Law Faculty, she earned her master degree at Marmara University’s Law Faculty in 2015. She is postgraduate student at Ankara Yıldırım Beyazıt University’s Law Faculty. Mrs. Yalçın was awarded for her valuable work on human rights for 15 years, selected among the “500 Most Influential Muslims in the World” in a publication published by Georgetown University in 2009. In 2012, she was also appointed as a member of the National Human Rights Institution of Turkey by the Decree of Council of Ministers. She served until 2015.
Mrs. Yalçın served as the group secretary of the Black Sea Region Group of Committee of Wise People, is comprised of 63 members who are expected to improve the climate for peaceful relations in Turkey in 2013. She was also Turkey’s representative of the lnternational Jurists Union (IJU) for 3 terms between the years 2009-2015. Having served for 15 years in various foundations focusing on women, law and international law, Mrs. Yalçın has delivered countless number of presentations on human rights both in Turkey and to abroad such as CEDAW to Harvard Law Faculty. She has books and articles published with concentration on public sphere, freedom of expression, European Court of Human Rights, United National Convention to Eliminate All Forms of Discrimination Against Women, violence against women, honor killings, property regimes and human rights.
Mrs. Yalçın has elected as a parliamentarian of Istanbul in the 25th and 26th legislative periods between the years 2015 -2018, including her membership to the Grand National Assembly of Turkey, she served as the deputy president of the Commission on Human Rights Inquiry. She was Vice Chairman for Political and Legal Affairs. In addition, she was deputy president of the Commission to Inquire into Child Abuse. She was also a member of the Committee on Equal Opportunities for Women and Men and the Committee on Prisoners’ Rights. She served also a member of the NATO Parliamentarians Assembly.
AREAS OF RESPONSIBILITY
1. Transportation, Press and Communication
2. Services provided by local governments
3. Issues related to the rights of employees working in the status of workers in the administration arising from the Labor Law and employment contracts
4. Human Rights
5. Population, Citizenship, Refugee and Asylum Rights
Born in Pınarhisar (Kırklareli) on August 15, 1963. Following his primary and secondary education level, he passed public boarding school examination and attended to İstanbul Technical School of Civil Works. Completed his secondary education level in that school. Graduated from Faculty of Economics and Administrative Sciences in Marmara University. Continued his career which started at H.Nimet Özden Foundation in the year 1980, with several press institutions as journalists between the years of 1984 to 1986, and as a contracted civil servant in the Department of Finance under Turkish State Railways between the years 1987 to 1988. Following passing the Examination of DG for Foundations for the Position of Assistant Inspectors, he was assigned as the assistant inspector to DG for foundations through official approval dated 04.11.1988. Worked in this DG as an assistant inspector for a period of 3 years. Following passing Special Competence Examination for Assistant Inspectors, in line with relevant regulations, he was assigned to the same DG as the Inspector. After working as an Inspector in DG for Foundations for 16 years, he was assigned as Foundations Council Member through a Decree dated 04.06.2004 with ref no. 2004-5008. Worked as a Foundations Council Member in the DG for Foundations between the dates of 17.06.2004 to 12.12.2016.
Elected as the Ombudsman by the Joint Committee of Petitions and Human Rights under TGNA on November 2, 2016 pursuant to relevant articles defined under the Law on Ombudsman Institution. Within the scope of “Authors, Intellectuals and Artists of the Year 2009” by Writers Union of Turkey, he was selected as the “Poet of the Year” for his poem book namely “Meğer Aşk İmiş”. His poems were published in many magazines namely “Ayane, Kardelen, Kayıtlar, İslami Edebiyat, Kırağı, Özülke, Seher, Kalem ve Onur, Edebiyat Ortamı, Düş Çınarı, Bir Nokta, Ay Vakti, Mor Taka, Anadolu Çınar, Dil ve Edebiyat, Türk Dili ve Yeni Edebiyat Yaprağı”.
Other works of the Poet are as follows:
– Şiir Nöbetleri, Ayane Publications, Ankara, 1990 (Poem)
– Geçmiş Zaman Düşleri, Denge Publications, Istanbul, 1995 (Poem)
– Ses Ver Bana, Beyan Publications, Istanbul, 1998 (Poem)
– Sözün Ateşi, Esra Sanat Publications, Konya, 1998 (Essay)
– Bana Aşkı Sun, Timaş Publications, 2004 (Poem)
– Sanki Bahar, Istanbul Publications, 2009 (Poem)
– Meğer Aşk İmiş-Poems, Istanbul Publications, 2009 (Poem)
– Hayal Aynası, Nar Publications, Istanbul,2012 (Poem)
– Kırk Odalı Deniz, 2014, Istanbul Publications (Poem)
– Günlerin İçinden, 2016, Çizgi Publishing House (Travelling Journals)
Married and the father of Ahmet and Elif.
AREAS OF RESPONSIBILITY
He was born in Kocaeli in 1962. Having completed his primary, secondary and high school educations in İzmit, he graduated from Istanbul University Department of Law in 1986. He began his career as Zonguldak district governor candidate in 1987. In 1990, he embarked his district governorship service as Ulus district governor. Afterwards, subsequently, he served as district governor in Ulus and Çamoluk, Diyarbakır deputy governor, district governor in Ardeşen, Beşikdüzü, Sarıkamış, Kaman, Gölmarmara, Kadirli ve Turgutlu. While he was İstanbul deputy governor İstanbul, he was appointed as Secretary General of Turkish Grand National Assembly. During his Diyarbakır deputy governorship service, he obtained his master’s degree from Dicle University in 1997. He received vocational and language trainings for a year in the United Kingdom. He carried out research about the Ombudsman in Spain.
He was elected as Ombudsman by the Joint Committee comprised of members of Petitions Committee and Human Rights Investigation Commission of Grand National Assembly on 17/01/2018.
Having very good command of English, he is married with three children.
AREAS OF RESPONSIBILITY
Born in Ankara on November 13, 1970. Completed her secondary education and high school level at Ataturk Anatolian High School in Ankara between the years 1981 to 1988. Her career continued as a free-lance lawyer between the years of 1994 to 1997; as the Lawyer and Head of Legal Department in the Office of PTT Director-in-chief in Bursa between the years of 2007 to 2008, as the Minister Advisor in the Ministry of Labour and Social Security between the years of 2008 to 2009; as the Minister Advisor in the Ministry of Transportation, Maritime Affairs and Communication between the years of 2009 to 2014; as the Legal Advisor of PTT Corporation between the years 2013 to 2014; as Acting Executive Director of PTT Corporation on 02/09/2013; as the Deputy General Director of Insurance Premiums under Social Security Institution on 10/05/2014; as the First Legal Adviser in Social Security Institution between 12/05/2016 to 12/12/2016 and as the Prime Ministry Advisor (Partial Assignment) between the dates of 03/08/2016 to 12/12/2016.
Elected as the Ombudsman by the Joint Committee of Petitions and Human Rights under TGNA on November 2, 2016.
Foreign Languages: English (good), German (medium)
Married with 2 children
– 2009 TOBB ETU SEM Information Technology Law
Projects and Other Work
– Decree-in-law no.655 on Organization and Duties of the Ministry of Transportation, Maritime Affairs and Communication
– Postal Services Law no. 6475
– The Law on Liberalisation of Turkish Railway Traffic no.6451
– Follow up of writing and effectiveness proceedings of the Law on Organization and Duties of DG for Highways no.6001
– Follow up of writing and effectiveness proceedings of the Regulation regarding Law on Public Offer of Bridges and Highways Income according to the Law on Privatization no.4046
– Follow-up of revising and law effectiveness proceedings for the Law on Regulation of Publications on The Internet and Suppression of Crimes Committed By Means of Such Publications no.5651.
– Follow-up of revising and law effectiveness proceedings for the Law on Electronic Communication no.5809.
– Participating in revision works for the State Bidding Law no. 2886 on behalf of the Ministry of Transportation, Maritime Affairs and Communication
– Follow up of writing and effectiveness proceedings for the Articles no. 11: Warranties and no.11/a: Credit/Loan Proceedings under the Law for conducting some of the Investments and Services within the scope of Build-Operate and Transfer Model no. 3996.
– Follow up of writing and effectiveness proceedings for the Law on Amendments to the Law on Labour no.6552 and Decree-in-Laws and restructuring of some of the dues
– Follow up of writing and effectiveness proceedings for the Law on the Organization and Duties of the Ministry of Family and Social Policies no.6518 and on the Amendments in some of the related Laws and Decree-in-laws.
– Writing of Directive on Supporting Research and Development Projects on Electronic Communication, Aeronautics and Space Sector dated September 12, 2012 with ref.no.28409
– Writing of Accident Research and Investigation Board under the the Ministry of Transportation, Maritime Affairs and Communication dated May 6, 2013 with ref.no.28639
– Writing, follow up and ensuring coordination for other laws and secondary regulations required on other issues which are under the responsibility of the Ministry of Transportation, Maritime Affairs and Communication
– Coordination of development and information on secondary regulations for the structuring of premium debts and others as required by the Law no.6552, which are under the responsibility of DG for Insurance Premiums under the Social Security Institution.
– Working proceedings and procedures for the Legal Advice Departments under the Social Security Institution.
AREAS OF RESPONSIBILITY
1. Labor and Social Security
2. Disability Rights
3. Women’s Rights
4. Children’s Rights
5. Social Services
6. Protection of Family
Bu gönderiyi Instagram'da gör
Ombudsman Şeref Malkoç: “ABD yönetiminin İsrail-Filistin meselesine yönelik açıkladığı sözde barış planı; Filistin'i bütünüyle dışlayan, tek yanlı, hakkaniyetten uzak bir plandır. Plan, Birleşmiş Milletler kararlarına ve iki devletli çözüm perspektifine tamamen aykırıdır.” #Kudüs #insanhakları #Filistin #ombudsmanlık
Kavaklıdere Mah. Zeytindalı Caddesi
E-mail: email@example.com (For general inquiries)
E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org (For international affairs)